The world that we are living in is in a continuous state of transition. Every new invention is making us even more advanced. The same is the case with video content creation. Gone are the days when static videos would win you views and subscriptions on YouTube. After going through this piece of writing, you will be able to figure out the best streaming software for Twitch and YouTube. Now, it’s an era of live video streaming. The era of best streaming software for Twitch. You will have to actually communicate with your audience to create an impact.
Whether you are a vlogger, educational content creator, or even a seller. People watching you would like to interact with you in person. That is where streaming software comes in. The streaming software is the only option you have to have a better experience interacting with an audience who can turn into your fans. Let’s not forget that streaming software is also quite essential for Twitch. Live game streaming is another thing that you can accomplish with the best streaming software.
List of Best Streaming Software for Twitch
Well, there has always been confusion when you are about to purchase something that you haven’t before. The same goes for this software. Even if you are sure that you will not go for the streaming software. Who would help you with making the best choice? Just like always, it’s us who would assist you in making a better decision. Whatever person buys has specifications that make it unique from others. That is exactly what we are about to share in regard to the best streaming software.
- Streamlabs OBS
- XSplit Broadcaster
- Nvidia ShadowPlay
Best Streaming Software for Twitch
Let’s give you a detailed insight into the best streaming software that helps you to grow fast.
1. Streamlabs OBS – Best Streaming Software
Streamlabs OBS is a free and open-source streaming software. It comes featured with a vast number of tools for streaming to the platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. This software suits the best for beginners because it has a simple interface. The one that you can easily get familiar with. Moreover, Streamlabs OBS offers customer support services. You can have your issues resolved with just a call or text message.
The fact that its interface is simple doesn’t make it less featured. In fact, Streamlabs OBS is professional-level software. It comes with a layout editor that allows you to personalize your living streaming software. All you have got to do is drag and drop elements to create the user interface that works the best for you.
Features of Streamlabs OBS
- Quick alerts to notify you when someone tips during the live stream.
- Reply Buffer for saving replays or replaying the clips during the live stream.
- Highlighter to create highlight videos.
- Selective recording to choose the clip that appears during the live stream.
- Built-in text-to-speech setting.
2. VMix – Best Streaming Software for YouTube
VMix is the powerful streaming software that allows you to stream to any platform. The most popular of them are YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Instagram. This software is available in four versions. One of them is free and the rest are paid versions. It is recommended that you begin with a free 60-day trial and then upgrade to the paid version.
It is a Software video Switcher and Mixer that makes efficient use of the latest advances in computer hardware to provide you with live HD video mixing. Isn’t that cool? You do not just get software for video streaming but also for mixing. That is the professional-level software you can utilize for sporting events, concert productions, and much more. It will work smoothly and efficiently no matter how much load you put on it.
Features of VMix
- Live streaming for HD, SD, and 4K video sources.
- VMix replay to enhance your live sports productions.
- Live social media integration including YouTube, Twitter, and IRC.
- 13 Transition Effects.
- HD Virtual sets with high-quality real-time chroma-key.
3. Restream – Best Streaming Software for Twitch
Restream is another very popular name when counting the best streaming software. It is a cloud-based streaming platform that allows you to stream to about 40 platforms including YouTube and Twitch. This software is one of those few platforms that offer Channel Toggling and Real-time platforms. With this feature, you get to edit and add more channels when you are on-air.
This feature also saves you the effort of restarting your broadcast all over again. Moreover, Restream comes featured with a built-in chat that allows you to display the chat as an overlay during the live stream. You even get to hide hate or nasty words from the chat to avoid any bad experience.
Features of Restream
- Automatic alerts to notify the viewers.
- Allowing viewers to chat with one another.
- Creating multiple channels on a single platform.
- Built-in Amplifier for streaming whenever you desire.
- Interviews, News updates, Real-time Q/A sessions, and Host press conferences.
4. Wirecast – 2nd Best Streaming Software for Twitch
Wirecast is an easy-to-use streaming platform that allows you to create on-demand broadcasts for the web. With the straightforward interface of this software, you get to customize your life feed easily. It automatically handles all the encoding to make sure you get the best results out of it.
This software gives you a fun experience when creating a TV-like live stream. You can utilize this software for streaming live sports events, television, news broadcasts, workshop services, and much more. You can even utilize the free iOS camera app offered by Wirecast. This app will help you capture your video content efficiently.
Wirecast will allow you to stream to more than one destination. Not just this, but you get to insert captions to the videos. Captions could be used as the translation to what you are saying. This software gives you access to about 100 in-built titles and graphics. You will absolutely love Wirecast for its functioning.
Features of Wirecast
- Multiviewer for sending signals to up to 17 sources grids, so that you can easily monitor each source.
- Records videos in MOV or MP4 files.
- Stock Media Library for free access to about 500,000 media assets including, backgrounds, videos, lower thirds, etc.
- Offers Free Email support and upgrade for a year along with Wirecast Insider Access.
- Multi-track audio recording.
5. OneStream – Powerful Streaming Tool
OneStream is yet another popular name when it comes to the best streaming software. With OneStream, you get to stream, record, and pre-record videos. Not just this, but you get to publish these videos to about 40 social media platforms. This software makes scheduling pre-recorded videos super easy. The pre-recorded stream is the distinguishing feature of OneStream that allows you to record and schedule your broadcast to desired social media platforms.
You get to set the schedules to about 60 days in advance. This software is highly recommendable because of the various advanced features it comes with. You get to the video streaming experience that is not only different but better from other such software. OneStream would save you much time and effort. You will be focused just on creating exceptional content. The rest of the job can be handled efficiently.
Features of OneStream
- Embedded player to embed live streams on your website or anywhere you wish to for creating a wider audience.
- Custom RTMP Streaming using Stream key and Server URL.
- Unified Chat so that you efficiently get to manage comments, messages, replies, and other responses from multiple streaming platforms.
- Cloud Storage Integration allows you to import videos directly from OneDrive, pCloud, Google Drive, etc.
6. XSplit Broadcaster – Broadcast Streaming
XSplit Broadcaster is an all-in-one solution you have got for all your video streaming-related problems. If it is software that is holding you from being efficient in your job. Then you probably need an XSplit Broadcaster. Why is that so? Well, that has multiple answers. Let’s begin with the benefits it comes with in the form of customization tools. You get to utilize these for e-sports and gaming.
The interface that XSplit Broadcaster comes with is another reason we have it on the list. You simply got you to drag and drop the desired media file for resizing, cropping, and enhancing other features. It allows you to effortlessly share broadcasts to your favorite social media platforms. You can use the plugins like Custom RTMP to get done with this even more flawlessly.
Its basic version is an easy and simple choice, to begin with. When you get enough experience, you can upgrade with high-powered API customization. You can apply all the necessary effects to make your content appealing. The one that can compete in society and win you money.
Features of XSplit Broadcaster
- Noise Suppression for removing unwanted background noises.
- Source masking to enable you to change the shape of the camera.
- NVENC Encoding for enhancing your streaming experience.
- Chroma key threshold for media files, webcams, and capture sources.
- Project Output for projecting any scene to another monitor.
7. Nvidia ShadowPlay – Gaming Streaming Software
Nvidia ShadowPlay has all that you need for the video stream for Twitch. It comes featured with various Nvidia GeForce graphics cards. With ShadowPlay’s DVR-style Instant Replay mode, you get to choose a hotkey to save the last 30 seconds of gameplay. Not just this, but you get to capture screenshots and GIFs from your favorite video games. The GIF is about 15 seconds long.
Moreover, you get to share and record high-quality screenshots, GIFs, gameplay videos, and live streams. Isn’t that all that you require for video streaming for Twitch? Nvidia ShadowPlay supports custom graphic and camera overlays to personalize your live stream just the way you want it to.
Its distinguishing feature is that it is hardware accelerated. That is to say that you can leave it running in the background. You get to record gameplay videos manually for as much time as you desire. Nvidia ShadowPlay would not occupy much space of the system memory.
Features of Nvidia ShadowPlay
- NVIDIA Highlights enable you to automatically capture key moments.
- GeForce experience to share favorite highlights to social media platforms.
- You get to add texts to screenshots and GIFs.
- Nvidia ShadowPlay offers a guide and support.
- It offers its services free of cost.
8. Lightstream – Best for Beginners!
The last best streaming software that we have got on our list is Lightstream. This software allows you to create impactful and professional live streams. The fact that makes this software distinguished is that it is powered by the cloud. With Lightstream, you get to invite guests to your show for panels, Q/A Sessions, interviews, podcasts, and much more.
If you want to implement creative ideas and learn from others, then trust me, this is the best platform you could get. Moreover, this software does not even bind you to get downloaded to your PC. All the work can be accomplished right inside your browser. It does not compromise over the quality and promises to actually provide what it claims. You should definitely try and explore this software and see what it does for you.
Features of Lightstream
- Comes featured with data-driven tools to engage and spread your community.
- It works pretty smoothly and instantly.
- Lightstream provides its services for free.
- It allows you to share live streams with YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Custom RTMP.
You may also need Free Screen Recording Software while working with streaming software.
Final Verdict: Best Streaming Software for Twitch
We provided you with a detailed list of streaming software that works the best for you. The list is based on extensive research and personal experience. Therefore, you can absolutely rely on it. We compiled the list to save you time and effort in exploring every website. With this article, you will not have to do that.
While making your choice keep in mind the essential features and tools. You will probably go for the free apps if you are a beginner. And it’s the right decision, but if you are experienced go for the software that meets your standards.